Tunnel liner for water proofing of the Tunnel Leutenbach
Easy installation of the tunnel liner by use of hot air mounting procedure
Project name: Tunnel Leutenbach
Project date: 2008/09
Products: 52 000 m² AGRUFLEX tunnel liner 3.2 mm, fleece-backed and coextruded, VLDPE tunnel liner, 7 800 m water stop profile SAA 500/6
The expansion of the federal road B14 required the construction of a tunnel to relieve the city of Leutenbach from excessive traffic. 660m of the two parallel tunnel tubes, with a total length of 1 080 m were made by blast construction. Moreover, three rescue shafts were excavated for security reasons – to provide sufficient escape routes.
The AGRU Easy Fix system, combined with hot air mounting, was used to seal the arch to achieve highest performance. Geotextile-backed VLDPE tunnel liner and a textile that is fixed to the shotcrete were installed.
By means of an automatic process, both textiles were thermally bound by using a hot air bar mounted onto the scaffolding. Furthermore, rollers ensured the pressure necessary for joining.
- Automated installation of tunnel liners with high weight
- No additives needed, just hot air
- No thermal stress on the geomembranes
- Increased system reliability due to the reduction of welding seams
- For this Project, geomembranes with 4.0m width were used. Therefore, the number of welds could be reduced by 50%.